Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Tampa Estate Planning Lawyer
Schedule an appointment

How do you pay child support in Florida?

Child support is usually paid through the State Disbursement Unit in Tallahassee, and this protects both the payor and the payee.

A record is kept and can be accessed at any time showing what payments have been received by the SDU and disbursed to the payee. The payor has to pay a small fee (about $5) to the SDU for this service. In addition, an Income Withholding Order (IWO) is usually entered in all divorce cases so that the child support can be garnished from the payor.

The payee should always request an IWO because those payments are made on a regular basis based upon the party’s payroll schedule. Also, there is almost no reason that the payments should not be made through the SDU, as this the most effective record-keeping system accepted by the court.

Tampa Estate Planning Attorney

Paul Riffel Law is located in Tampa FL and serves clients in and around Brandon, Tampa, Valrico, Odessa, Thonotosassa, Gibsonton, Sydney, Dover, Land O Lakes, Oldsmar, Apollo Beach, Lithia, Safety Harbor, Trilby, Plant City, Durant, Holiday, Hillsborough County and Pasco County.

Firm Location

1319 W Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33612

Connect With US

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from www.PaulRiffel.com
Managed by MileMark Media

© 2015 - 2024 Paul E. Riffel, Attorney at Law. All rights reserved..
This law firm website & legal marketing is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab