Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Paul E. Riffel Tampa Estate Planning Attorney

Restoring your maiden name

If you are a female navigating divorce, be sure to speak with your counsel if you want to have your former last name restored.

If you want to go back to your maiden name, this request must be in the Petition or Counter Petition or the court will not have power to grant it at the final hearing. There is usually no additional cost to the divorce for a name change, other than the cost of obtaining a certified copy of the Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.

Please note: If you wait and do a name change at a later date, you will pay as much – or more – than you paid for the uncontested divorce. Therefore, it is very important to carefully consider whether or not you want your former name restored during this process.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation